Tuesday, September 20, 2016

My Entries in the Moment Cartoon Caption Contest for July/August 2016

Here are my four entries in the Moment Cartoon Caption Contest for July/August 2016.
I submitted a total of four in the July/August 2016 contest. The drawing is by Benjamin Schwartz.
"Well, how did you want to spend our honeymoon?"
"The relationship books are for you."
"My mother always said you lacked ambition."
"What do you mean, bookish?"



But enough about me. My congratulations to this contest's three finalists:


Note:  Do you miss the beach already? I do. Did you finish your summer reading? Me neither. The good news is you can vote for your favorite caption in the current contest right here. Then, if you like geriatric humor, why not try your hand at captioning in the September/October contest? Go ahead, I'll race you!

You know, I enter an awful lot of these cartoon caption contests and for better or worse they're all preserved in the blog archives, every last one of them. See what happens when a fan of the art form dares to match wits with readers of the New Yorker and Moment. The Moment contest has been by far the more successful of the two for me. We don't speak of what goes on in the New Yorker's contest. And we don't link to it.

If you like statistics, I enter more cartoon caption contests by Benjamin Schwartz than by anyone else. That's a fact.

01969

No comments:

Post a Comment