Wednesday, May 3, 2017

The New Yorker–Acura 2016 Cartoon Caption Contest

It's a good thing I didn't know about The New Yorker–Acura 2016 Cartoon Caption Contest, because I never would have come up with anything half as good as Lance Daly did. Last month on Twitter, Mr. Daly posted his excellent winning caption for the contest. He has photographed a framed print of the cartoon with his winning caption. The drawing is by Benjamin Schwartz.

https://twitter.com/lancejdaly/status/843952180738641921


Note:  Consult the blog archives for many more caption contests by the prolific Benjamin Schwartz. You won't by any means find every last one of them here, but I guarantee there are more than you'll find on any of those other so-called cartoon blogs. I think you know what I'm talking about.

When the history of cartoon caption contests 
is finally written, my entries won't merit even a footnote. Unless, of course, it is I who write that history.

You know, here's a link here for everything that comes up on the blog. Take, for example, Little Green Men...


02176

No comments:

Post a Comment